Back to All Vacancies
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Brand Manager will be engaged in planning, developing and executing of regional marketing programmes that drive both the short- and long-term growth of Foster Clark’s brands by positioning them clearly in the minds of consumers and driving brand recall. The role will monitor market trends, provide input into and launch new product developments and oversee advertising and marketing activities.
Regional Brand & Category Planning
- Maintain a 3-year brand and category pipeline for the region to be broken down by market including new product launches and line extensions aligned with the regional sales team.
- Maintain and manage the brand and category price index strategy against competition for the region and monitor price performance against parameters.
- Manage and challenge the product portfolio across brands in the region and make recommendations where rationalization is required for focus or where new items are needed to drive value.
Regional Brand & Consumer Insight
- Provide input into consumer research projects and spearhead consumer panel testing for new product developments providing feedback to sales and R&D.
- Through market visits and insight data, evaluate and monitor competitor performance identifying challenges to overcome and opportunities to shift consumers.
- Conduct mini focus groups on market visits to continuously build consumer insight within our category and portfolio and update our category briefs with Market Insights for all teams to follow.
Regional Annual Marketing Plan
- Development, alignment and implementation of an annual marketing calendar and campaign plans with the support of distributors, sales and marketing teams.
- Manage the must stock lists annually by market and channel providing distributors with the relevant planograms to effectively execute the marketing calendar.
- Manage the regional central marketing budget to deliver on time, within scope and on cost.
- Work closely with Sales Teams in reviewing and monitoring the A&P budgets and activities by market to ensure the right balance between brand building and volume drivers.
Brand Communication & Trade Marketing
- Develop key visuals for the various campaigns or new product launches ensuring compliance with brand guidelines and strategy and adapt to the right platforms required.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager in the planning and execution of digital calendars, providing input and supporting in the review, design and selection of content and platform.
- Work closely with the Brand Associate to identify and propose new trade marketing material opportunities with sales teams, calculate ROI and align the requirements by country.
- Manage and oversee the production of any media and communication and localize where necessary.
- Collaborate with the Brand Activation team in planning activation events based on brand needs.
Cross-Functional Collaboration & Reporting
- Report monthly on regional brand and product performance to the regional teams with joint actions and initiatives to capture opportunities or circumvent challenges.
- Collaborate cross functionally to build brands and create excitement around new products internally.
- Engage distributors by presenting new marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Manage various external agencies required in support of creative and other marketing initiatives.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or equivalent creative field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in brand or product management within an FMCG environment.
- Experience in building multiple brands across diverse market landscapes.
- Brand Management
- Trade Marketing
- Category and Channel Management
- Consumer and Market Insights
- Advertising & Promotion Planning
- Digital and social media
- Price strategy, indexing and elasticity
- Innovation & Renovation
- Financial management and control
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Attention to Detail
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
- Presentation and Facilitation
- Building the brand
- Planning and Organizing
- Monitoring and Measuring
- Able to travel a minimum of 80 nights in a year.