Back to All Vacancies
Technician (Industrial Services)
Reporting to the Industrial Services Engineer, the Technician (IS) is responsible to execute preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial services including HVAC, compressed air, vacuum and electrical power generation and distribution.
- Monitor industrial services equipment on a daily basis
- Carry out and record preventive and corrective maintenance work on industrial services equipment
- Oversee and inspect maintenance works and certification by third party contractors
- Identify and propose upgrades and modifications to increase availability and energy efficiency of industrial services.
- Plan and execute installation and commissioning of industrial services equipment such as chillers, boilers, air compressors, etc.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- MCAST – BTEC Diploma / HND Engineering (MQF 3)
- Wireman’s electrical License A and B will be an asset
- 3+ years equivalent work experience required in a technical discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical components including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic pneumatic and mechanical drive systems at the component level on all assigned equipment; i.e. sorting systems and palletizing robots.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
- Must process heavy tools needed to support mechanical ability.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Willingness to develop required technical skills in Welding, Basic Machinist, and Fabrication / Layout skill sets.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed in support of in-week and / or week-end production and maintenance requirement.
- Experienced with GMP, ISO Standards, Safe Food Handling, HACCP practices and HSE guidelines.