Back to All Vacancies
Market Insights Specialist
Reporting to the Head of Category, the Market Insights Specialist is responsible for providing critical input to FCP’s strategic direction and tactical optimization across the full breadth of marketing and strategic activities, as well as on-going assessment of business performance. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic viewpoint to the business, effectively manage and partner with multiple stakeholders (including Strategy, Brand, Category Management, R&D, Sales and Finance), bring a sense of urgency and willingness to get the job done, and have an intellectual curiosity to drive new ideas and new ways of thinking.
Manage “Big” Data
- Define a global and consistent data strategy, including data sources, capture, activation and maintenance.
- Ensure definition and roll-out of data solutions and its integration within a consolidated ecosystem (database, data management platform, service systems, campaign solutions)
- Define and lead implementation of the right data operating model and governance, allowing departments and markets to leverage business insights and opportunities, while maximizing synergies.
- Partner with the marketing team members to drive the development of annual category reviews, brand reviews, and situation assessments, providing the foundation for annual brand plans.
- Monitor key brand performance measures: volume, share, penetration, frequency, equity, identify key business drivers and facilitate activation.
Drive Consumer and Market Research
- Identify key data and research sources that provide both broad and narrow outlooks based on project requirements of broad or deep research.
- Using market research and consumer insights data provide input into the development of category, portfolio and brand strategies and plans and highlight new business opportunities.
- For all of existing and new potential brands/markets, provide thought leadership regarding the consumer, customers, the economic and marketing environment, and the use of marketing information.
- Address business challenges through the development and execution of actionable marketing research – and then effectively and persuasively communicate the results, implications, and recommendations.
- Conduct strategic studies to better understand the categories, consumers and competitive environments identifying future challenges or opportunities to explore.
Provide Cross Functional Support and Collaboration
- Support media activation with agencies by providing structure, ways of working and operating model for using consumer data
- Support other functional areas (including Strategy, Brand, Category Management, R&D, Sales and Finance) in addressing business challenges through the integration of secondary research, primary research, and analytics.
- Partner with R&D to drive consumer-centric new product development, renovation, and productivity initiatives and testing.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Maths, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Market and/or Consumer Research preferably within FMCG.
- Prior experience with research tools such as Nielsen, Euromonitor or Kantar would be an advantage.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and analytic capability, with the ability to understand and triangulate multiple data sources to identify insights.
- Knowledge of secondary data sources, including IRI/Nielsen and Panel data.
- Ability to effectively manage third-party (supplier) resources
- Able to understand the needs of and interact effectively with cross-functional partners
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives in a timely manner
- Strong ability to conduct full product lifecycle activities to include requirements in developing analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the consumer journey across differing regional preferences and numerous contact points.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in reporting, data modelling and database management.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Research and information gathering
- Action Orientated
- Customer Service Orientation
- Presentation and Facilitation
- Environmental Scanning including Global Awareness
- Monitoring and Measuring
- Able to travel a minimum of 30 Nights in a year.