Back to All Vacancies
Skilled Craftsperson (Assigned Welder)
Reporting to the Civil Maintenance Specialist, the Skilled Craftsperson will be responsible to design, prepare BOQ’s, estimate effort required to prepare and implement jobs in line with the skill/s acquired. The position requires that the employee transforms concepts / drawings into finished working modules as per the highest industry requirements and standards. He / She shall support the Civil Maintenance Manager in developing ideas and supporting throughout the production lifecycle of the job at hand to attain the highest workshop affectivity and use of resources and time.
- Develop production and manufacturing designs for the job at hand.
- Be able to take measurements and produce materials and items BOQs for the finalisation of each project.
- Implement the respective skill knowledge to attain the best possible quality of craftsmanship for the items commissioned.
- Operate the tools required to perform the required skill in an effective and professional manner using all the different materials as required.
- Work effectively for the best use of company resources in all its different aspects.
- Plan work directly with the Civil Maintenance Manager, aligning priorities and work plans in line with the company objectives.
- Ensure the working environment is safe and in line with local legislation as regards to safety standards. It is the Skilled Craftsman duty to report any dangerous working environments.
- Be able to work outside the workshop in production and non-production environments keeping direct communication with the facility manager and ensuring safety of both the factory environment and also product safety.
- Drive a company vehicle in order to perform all duties as might be required while ensuring the optimal use of time and resources.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Diploma Level in Carpentry, Welding, Mechanic or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years’ field experience in the corresponding technical field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience operating the required trade machinery
- Minimum overall experience should not be less than 8 years.
- All areas required to perform the undertaken skill including the required machinery.
- Proper work design and development skills.
- Basic planning skills to produce delivery dates for the work at hand
- Required Health and safety training and safe working procedures.
- Proper methods of handling, storing and maintaining tools and machinery.
- Oral and Written communication skills
- Proper lifting techniques
- Basic supervision techniques
- Action Oriented
- Verbal and written communication
- Programme and project management
- Planning and organising
- Frequent lifting/carrying (5 - 25 kg).
- Frequent pushing/pulling (25 - 100 kg)
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
- Ability to work in restricted environments and confined spaces.
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
- Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods.
- Physical strength and proficiency with the use of hand and power tools.