Back to All Vacancies
Packaging Technical Associate
Reporting to the Lead Packaging Engineer, the Packaging Technical Associate is responsible for installation and leads commissioning phase of packaging projects and offers insights at the design and planning phase. The Packaging Technical Associate is also responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement projects on packaging lines which require modifications and alterations to existing equipment.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the installation phase of packaging projects in a timely manner
- Plan and lead commissioning and qualification of new or modified packaging equipment
- Lead machine trials and technical feasibility studies on packaging lines and packaging materials
- Lead continuous improvement projects which require modifications and alterations to packaging equipment.
- Evaluate proposals for modifications to factory equipment and material specifications
- Participates in technical audits on packaging lines
- Offer first tier support and troubleshooting to factories on packaging equipment
Ideal Candidate Profile
- MCAST – BTEC Diploma / HND Engineering (MQF 5)
- Wireman’s electrical License A and B
- 6 years’ relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment working on preventive maintenance and troubleshooting
- Technical insight in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experienced with GMP, ISO Standards, Safe Food Handling, HACCP practices and HSE guidelines.
- Continuous Improvement Experience/Certification highly desirable
- Ability to show track record of improving production, and solving problems and motivating employees
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Action Oriented
- Verbal and written communication
- Planning and organising
- Problem Solving