Back to All Vacancies
Head of Marketing
Reporting to the Marketing & Strategy Director, the Head of Marketing (HOM) is accountable for leading the branding and field marketing function of the company. The role is responsible for managing brands, trade category development and creating plans to ensure our short and long term sustainability by preserving and building our consumer loyalty. He is also entrusted to lead and develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop and oversee Brand strategies, prospectus, drivers and key assumptions to shape the future by aligning brands with strategic opportunities to grow the overall categories.
- Review competitor brand activity and strategy and provide key assumptions and recommendations to improve brands, communication and the innovation pipeline.
- Align on the brand activation calendar with sales teams identifying key areas of focus and the brands requiring support on ground with consumers.
- Through various market visits, analyze and present key insights with recommended actions to improve market execution, product design and communication to attract new consumers.
- Conduct consumer panels as required to draw key insights on product quality, usage and formulation preference.
- Conduct consumer interviews and study consumer experiences to share it effectively with relevant cross-functional stakeholders improving category strategy and innovation pipeline.
- Lead regional innovation and renovation vision, objectives, and strategies to support successful execution of bigger, bolder and better innovation & renovation projects.
Advertising and Promotion
- Take full ownership of marketing P&L inclusive of design, production and launch of marketing campaigns across regions within budget and leading to outstanding execution.
- Drive the purchasing of key trade marketing tools and materials to support on ground execution and promotions required in the various regions and countries.
- Provide sales teams with a clear deck of market execution guidelines by region to ensure the effective execution of portfolios and use of materials.
Events and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Lead and develop communication plans to engage with the trade and consumers using various media platforms including digital and social media.
- Direct public relations activities internally and externally along with the design team.
Structure & Leadership
- Structure and lead the Brand & Field Marketing team ensuring appropriate skill, team culture and talent development.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration coupled with a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or a Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated career progression with minimum 10 years of marketing and sales experience within the FMCG industry.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing brands from strategy to execution with a brand equity above 100 Mil Euro and covering multiple market landscapes.
- Internal & External Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Market Research & Analytics
- Trade Marketing Strategy
- Category & Channel Management
- Brand and Media Strategy
- P&L Management
- Team Leadership & Development
- Advanced computer skills
- Creativity & Innovation
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Influence and Impact including conflict management
- Environmental Scanning
- Planning & Organizing
- Developing People
- Able to travel a minimum of 80 nights in a year.