Back to All Vacancies
Reporting to the Head of Process & Applications, the Ingredient Scientist is responsible to support the Company’s innovation and renovation pipeline through specialisation in the field of ingredients, supplements, and their functionality, leveraging relevant food science and technology knowledge and the latest ingredient trends across various product categories. The exploration and implementation of relevant analytical methods/technologies to characterize the ingredients/products is also part of the role.
Manage Ingredient Portfolio
- Build technical knowledge on ingredients and their interaction in food matrices, scouting new relevant development, technologies addressing key consumer trends/needs/ regulatory framework
- Maintain the ingredient knowledge database by planning, design, execute and report research to develop science-based understanding of ingredients in order to support development projects.
- Use specialized knowledge to create differentiating technology and serve as a subject matter expert on ingredients and supplements whilst capturing all the information in an organized manner
Support Innovation / Renovation pipeline
- Support product formulation within the assigned categories including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory and analytical requirements
- Support relevant company events like innovation workshops with products prototyping and provide insights on ingredient, supplement and functionality trends
- Share ingredient knowledge & advice with co-workers.
Ensure Supply and Operational Excellence
- Act as ingredient lead for all assigned ingredients/raw material including qualification of new raw materials and suppliers
- Drive de-complexity in the ingredient/supplier portfolio in order to optimize costs.
- Build coherent material specifications in line with market reality, focusing on sustainable materials
- Contribute to formula cost optimization through development of alternative and / or new ingredients / suppliers while maintaining existing relevant product claims
- Evaluate ingredient handling characteristics and work closely with cross functional teams to define best in class solutions as required
- Explore and implement (incl. validation) relevant analytical methods to characterize raw materials and (semi-) finished products in support of robust specifications and relevant in-process control.
- Master degree in Food / Food science or a related discipline
- PhD level of education will be preferred
- 7 years’ experience in product or ingredient Research and Development and / or product technology
- Fluent English
- Food and beverage industry experience
- Proven ability to understand ingredient interaction with processing parameters
- Solid understanding of nutrition and ingredient attributes
- Advanced ingredient functionality, process knowledge across diverse food categories
- Strong knowledge in the field of Material and Powder Science
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Relationship building
- Facilitation and Presentation
- Verbal and written communication
- Consulting and advising
- Planning and organizing
- Monitoring and measuring