Back to All Vacancies
Sales Manager (based in Saudi)
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this role is centred on the leadership and delivery of a profitable market share within an area of countries by creating, selling and executing joint commercial business plans with our partners.
Sales and Business Planning
- Develop, negotiate and implement joint business commercial plans in alignment with regional objectives for markets addressing their challenges, exploiting opportunities to pave the way forward.
- Achievement of sales volume and value targets against set budget.
Distribution landscape – Route to market and Channel management
- Source market data and conduct market sizing exercises to establish key opportunities and current market position.
- Work closely with partners to ensure that core distribution, coverage and visibility objectives are monitored and met in the respective area, channel and category.
- Ensure partners have the necessary channel & category planograms, merchandising guidelines; stock rotation and new product launch briefs based on regional directions and local market conditions.
- Develop and manage long-term effective business relationships with distributors and implement needed objectives, KPI’s, structure and team development to drive results, monitoring their performance and recommending actions.
Activation and reporting
- Develop, negotiate, track and manage trade marketing plans and calendars through execution with partners and control spend in line with regional approved budgets maximising return on investment.
- Responsible for forecasting sales volumes, new product launches, brand activations and expanding portfolios, preparing market pricing based on channel/category price partitions and driving revenue growth.
- Through extensive market visits, continuously track and report channel, category, customer and competitor trends and activities, monitor execution and seek new opportunities for growth.
Goals, Finance and Control
- Ensure collection and financial reconciliation is made in line with set payment terms and debit notes are reconciled and paid to clients on time.
- Collaborate internally and externally amongst teams and departments to ensure the on time execution of distributor orders and monitor the export process until customer receipt.
- Maintain customer profiles and prepare monthly reports for management highlighting business performance, the status of objectives and marketing plans and indicating a clear way forward.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken to the brand and marketing codes.
Ideal Candidate Profile
A Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing, business administration, finance or relevant field.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the FMCG sector with export and distributor management experience.
- Managing partner relationships.
- Commercial business planning
- Export Management
- Advertising & Promotion Planning
- Category & Channel Management
- Distributor Management
- Advanced computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Relationship Building
- Influence and impact including conflict management
- Business Acumen
- Monitoring and Measuring