Back to All Vacancies
ICT Systems Engineer
Reporting to the ICT Infrastructure Manager, the role of the Systems Engineer is to ensure that all server-side Enterprise systems deliver the highest level of systems availability, security and performance. The role will ensure that procedures to ensure the company’s business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities are always up to date, regular executed and tested for any foreseeable failure scenario. The Systems Engineer will recommend ICT enterprise designs, sources technical solutions and lead technical projects.
ICT Operations Service Delivery
- Monitor database and server performance for optimal resource utilisation and system availability.
- Execute server-side processes and updates to ensure security, performance and service availability.
- Identify, report and analyse security risks, breaches and non-compliance issues.
- Collaborate closely with the IT BA team for maintenance of Dynamics AX and other ERP systems
IT Security and Business Continuity
- Implement technology and execute processes to protect enterprise assets from cyber threats
- Ensure business continuity procedures are executed, documented and tested regularly
- Monitor the adherence and compliance to security standards and policies across the organization
Enterprise Infrastructure planning, design & deployment
- Deliver assigned ICT enterprise infrastructure projects in line with plans
- Source and implement ICT Infrastructure technology in line with business requirements
- Support the transition of the technical solutions to operational teams
- Lead technical teams to deliver high quality ICT solutions
- Provide technical coaching and guidance to junior ICT associates
Ideal Candidate Profile
- MQF Level 6 qualification in Computer Engineering or Computer Systems & Networks
- Cisco & Microsoft professional certification
- Project management qualification
- Minimum of 7 years’ of ICT professional experience
- Experience in enterprise systems administration, networks & systems engineering and ICT Project Management
- Strong technical knowledge of managed hosting infrastructure, enterprise networking, servers, firewalls, load balancers, IP Connectivity and SAN storage.
- Strong technical understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and telecommunications including DNS, DHCP, WIFI access points, switches, phones and troubleshooting techniques, backup and replication, Active Directory and mail servers
- Strong technical knowledge of administering Microsoft Server operating systems, Office 365, virtualised environments, Azure & Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of Business Continuity, User Security and Cyber Security Techniques
- Working Knowledge of
- Veeam VPN technologies.
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- PRTG network monitoring tools.
- MS sever, PC and mobile operating systems
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Quality orientation
- Presentation and facilitation
- Environmental scanning
- Monitoring and measuring