Back to All Vacancies
Civil Maintenance Manager
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Civil Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance repair of the physical plant. Duties include, but not limited to supervision of M/E staff. Carry out supervision of the maintenance – both in house and contracted - and repair of all building systems in the various factories. Carry out supervision of all building maintenance operations and projects. The role ensures that all structural modifications are carried out in accordance to local Authority and in respect to all governing Health and Safety regulations. Oversee the routine maintenance of all building assets to the best possible level while ensuring the most effective use of resources.
- Supervise and coordinate the staff for maintenance and repair with all parties including site management, health and safety and architect as required.
- Plan, schedule and oversee all building maintenance operations and projects.
- Direct and coordinate vehicle / fleet mechanic and Building maintenance staff in line with the fleet maintenance plan and ad hoc repairs as might be required.
- Ensure all building plans and drawings are kept up to date and saved appropriately.
- Ensure that all sites are maintained at the best possible level of maintenance in line with GMPs for Food manufacturing.
- Coordinate all jobs for the welding shop in accordance to priorities as agreed with the Head of Engineering.
- Coordinate all jobs pertaining to the carpentry shop as required.
- Coordinate all jobs pertaining to the mechanic shop as required.
- Ensuring all business units landscaping is planned and carried out accordingly.
- Have absolute intolerance to unsafe working conditions and liaise with Health and Safety officer as job requires.
- Ensure all internal inter-company non-operational transfers are planned and carried out in a timely manner.
- Training of staff in all aspects of their duties.
- Provide input to Facilities Manager for interventions planning and coordination.
- Maintenance and installations of building support systems.
- Coordinate with engineering procurement for the Order/Inventory all M/E supplies and fuels.
- Available to consult on technical aspects of the physical plant.
Ideal Candidate profile
HTD or equivalent MQF Level 6
- Minimum 5 years hands on building maintenance experience with the company
- Experience & respective Legal compliance - Minimum 5 years hands on Building Systems
- Minimum 3 years Building maintenance M/E experience.
- Minimum 3 years hand on project management
- The minimum overall experience should not be below 5 years in a food manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of ACAD systems.
- Knowledge of building systems (drywall, painting, carpentry, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills with staff, management, and site management.
- Computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to evaluate, develops, and implements an organized system of delegating work to staff.
- Ability to teach mechanics new skills and to promote career development.
- Effective and fair supervision techniques.
- Experience working in multifunctional team (i.e. capital projects, DMAIC) preferred.
- Compile/Compare offers to support Technical Buying Equipment/Services
- Problem solving / Troubleshooting experience hands-on various disciplines
- Support Experience parts Manufacturing & Welding discipline.
- Extensive ACAD experience.
- Fleet Management.
- Engineering H&S.
- Has exposure to TPM, preventive maintenance planning and/or maintenance execution is desired but not mandatory.
- Preferably with experience managing a team.
- Possess hands on knowledge as well as strategic, continuous improvement mind-set.
- Frequent lifting/carrying (5-20 kg).
- Frequent pushing/pulling (25-100 kg)
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
- Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).
- Physical strength and proficiency with the use of hand and power tools.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Action oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Verbal and Written communication
- Program and project management
- Planning and organising